Thursday, March 24, 2011

Conquering the Mid-Term Malaise

Its officially here---the mid-term malaise: the point in every semester when Jeremy is busy, busy, busy with mid-term tests and papers and I have lost steam in finding new activities to fill the long nights and weekends.

At the same time, I'm all shades of envious about Meredith and Kyle's trip (occurring right now!) to visit Jenna in Oxford. I would love to tour England with them!

Fortunately, God has given me a positive husband who reminds me that seminary can be exciting too---and to that end, I want to reinvest some of my downtime in blogging about what's he is studying. Maybe you'll be interested too. His courses this semester are:

  • Old Testament History and Theology II
  • Acts and Pauline Epistles
  • The Doctrine of Christ
  • The Doctrine of Salvation

For starters, Jeremy is preparing for his Doctrine of Christ mid-term tonight. Right now, he is reviewing his notes on Rudolf Bultmann, a heretical biblical scholar who called the supernatural attributes of Christ and his miracles "myths" and reduced Christ to his good works and character traits (his sacrificial nature, his care for the poor, etc.) and the "message" of his good life.

Tomorrow night, Jeremy will be studying for his Doctrine of Salvation mid-term. I will try and get some new notes to share while he prepares for that exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment