Friday, March 9, 2012

Little Miss Smiley and a Kindle

Claire has passed the 2 month mark! She's doing so well... her most recent accomplishments are smiling, using the pacifier, and sleeping wonderfully through the night.



Claire is still a "power nurser"... she just loves to nurse. Fortunately, I have a great new toy (or tool) to use while sitting on the couch as Claire eats. A KINDLE!

As a book lover, I was hesitant to jump on the e-reader bandwagon... but my parents and siblings decided to haul me on board and I'm thrilled they did.

For starters, I went to the local library to borrow some books and their selection was sparse. The two authors (Wendell Berry and Jacqueline Winspear) I was hoping to find were totally absent from the entire Chester County library system.

In comparison, I went online using my Kindle and picked up Jacqueline Winspear's Among the Mad in about 5 minutes.

Secondly, its not easy to bring a 2 month old to a library. Claire doesn't understand using her "library voice" yet.

Thirdly, Claire keeps me busy. At least one hand is almost always full. But with the Kindle, I can hold and flip the pages single-handedly.

Thank you family for giving me such a great gift. I appreciate it very, very much!

2 comments:

  1. oh oh oh! the dimples!! i can't wait to meet her next month!! :) and to see you too, Katie ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't wait to see you either and to hear about all the changes and transitions in your life. Excited that you're moving back too :-)

      Delete