Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I'm blogging from my old bedroom at 12 Allison Road, Middleboro, MA this morning.

Jeremy and I spent July 4th weekend in Maine with the Powells and now, we're staying in Middleboro for the week as Jeremy "shadows" our home pastor, Peter, to earn Mentored Ministry credit needed for seminary.

This morning, Jeremy joined Peter at a local prayer meeting. Then, he went straight to work preparing a sermon to preach on Sunday, and later, he's going on "visitation" with Peter to greet and encourage some of the church's elderly members.

Throughout the week, Jeremy's "office" is a spare office at my dad's Charis building behind the church. At noon, they carpool home for lunch together and Mom and I get to spend some time with our guys.



PS---While Jeremy is working, I'm reading Mayflower by Nathaniel Philbrick. About five years ago, everyone went gaga over this historical account of the Pilgrims voyage to America and their first years in Plymouth and now I know why!

This book is great. I can't put it down. The first two decades in Plymouth were one near-death (and death) experience after another.

The Pilgrim's grit and sheer determination to cling to life in the face of starvation, dodgy Indian politics, and swarms of new English settlers is astounding. If you haven't read Mayflower, I implore you to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment