Sunday, July 24, 2011

Road Trip

Greetings from Washington, PA. Jeremy and I are returning home from a weekend in Kentucky/Ohio with our friends Ian and Meg Murphy where we visited the Creation Museum.

Tonight we're staying in a cheap, very shabby Red Roof Inn off the highway... and by cheap and shabby I mean, we stopped at a rest area in Pennsylvania and found a coupon book that offered tonight's accommodations for nex' ta' nothin'.

Anyway! That doesn't matter. We're having a lovely weekend. Ian is one of Jeremy's best friends from high school. His wife, Meg, is natively of Carver. They currently live in Brockton and this road trip/Creation Museum outing idea was all theirs.
I should note, however, that the shabby Red Roof Inn is all my doing and Jeremy's. Today, Ian and Meg jetted ahead in their journey since they'll be traveling all the way home to Brockton tomorrow. We decided to stop here and cut our day shorter.
The Creation Museum was very good; very informative; very well-presented; and very well-AC'd (thank goodness!) I will post pictures as soon as I can. I can't wait to share our little adventure with everyone.

Until then, we'll be on the road. We're planning to stop near Frank Lloyd Wright's famous Fallingwater home tomorrow morning to stretch our legs and see the waterfalls. Then, we'll head straight home to Devon. See ya then!

No comments:

Post a Comment